Still Indulging.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Something I know (Just ask our daughter).

Just survived my first working day after the christmas holidays, good luck the children don´t come before tommorrow.
Bought a software for my son: clicker and I am really excited to set up some communications for him.
The rest of this blog please use at your pleasure. Maybe you know somebody who needs to hear it.
Biene


Something I know (Just ask our daughter).
You want to destroy your life?
Go on drugs and alcohol, I garantee you, it will work.

You want to mess up your family? Loose your children, suffocate in debts? Smash up your home and fear the next visit of the “drug debts” collectors known to take a finger if there is nothing better to take away? You want a look into hell when the withdrawl kicks in?
Try drugs and alcohol, I tell you, you will get to know these places.

You want to get raped? Wake up in beds you never know how you got into? Pay with a quick fuck for the next load of shit or a roof over your head for a night? Get a disease between your legs, in your most private parts? Itching, burning, stinking? Break into offices, steal from friends and family to get money for the next kick, for a relief of the trip down?
Go, get yourselves a bottle and some drugs, yours is the choice, you will get everything you wish for.

You want to look 50 at the age of 30? You want your teeth to be eaten up from within? Get a sweet little aids virus, an infection of the liver, whatever?
Get a needle and stick it into you, don´t worry, your greed will be so immense that at some point you will forget to check if it is clean.

There is a point where most give up. Many die, willingly or not so willingly. Some, the fewer ones, start to turn around. This movement of turning probably is the hardest work they have ever done in their lives. Ask our daughter. She is there.
I asked my daughter´s permission to write about her. Her answer was: ”If you think you can change one person´s life, write whatever you can, whatever you like.”

13 indulge with me:

  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ihr könnt stolz auf eure Älteste sein (und auf euch, als ihr für sie und ihre zwei Jungs da wart)! Betroffene Grüße von Kerstin

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Wow, Mom...don´t know what to say. Didn´t know you´d write about this...but I guess it is as good an outlet as any.
    You know how I feel about all this, so there is no reason to push the spots I know will tickle...But I would just like to say for the official record, that you have done a wondeful job sticking to your daughter through thick and thin, never giving up. You are the best mom she could wish for!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    I never understood in my youth what all of that did, and experimented in a lot of it. My ah-ha moment was when I heard of a fatal accident that killed four people outside a tiny town in Iowa (Midwestern U.S.) just south of the tiny town I lived in. I knew without having to be told that the driver at fault had been either drunk or on drugs and found it out the next day. That's when I got it that every single time you're a killer and a suicide.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    And thank you.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Oh, and I forgot to ask: is clicker a facilitated communication program for the son with autism?

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes doug, it is. And I will surely tell more about it when we have experimented some. Just now I did finish installing it.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Please do. I'm looking for good FC programs. Does your son type on his own or does he need someone for resistance?

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Doug, Four comments on my mom´s page...what a stray dog you are:)

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    No, dough, for this programme he will only have to use the mouse and he can do that. And click on pitures/words and the computer will talk to him. But I will have to set that up first and it will take some time.
    You can get information on the net under "clicker 5".
    Monika, just take it, kids like you, dogs like me (I don´t know why.)

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger TLP said…

    What a powerful post you have written.

    I live in an area of Pennsylvania that was originally settled by the Germans. Here, they are called Pennsyvlania Dutch (long story). The PA Dutch have a saying: "Too soon old, too late smart." Seems to fit your daughter.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Ziz said…

    I just wanted to say Hello - This post is very moving and I think it is a poignant insight as to how your life can change from bad choices.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Hi Alicat, welcome to my page:)

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Sar said…

    Between the challenges you face with your daughter's addictions and your son's autism, along with your students, I hope you find blogging to be both a cathartic outlet and supportive for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home