Still Indulging.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

ww weather: wet and white = slab

Outside they are still shooting fireworks to heaven. They start somedays before christmas and will keep on to the sixth of January, the last day of christmas. Waking up from deep sleep I think somebody is cleaning his carpet. A sound memory from childhood when the women used to take their carpets outside and beat the dust out of them.

I bought Stephen Hawking´s “a briefer history of time” and hope to understand it better than “a brief history of time” which I read three times without getting a lot of it.
He starts the first chapter: “We live in a strange and wonderful universe. Its age, size, violence, and beauty require extrordinary imagination to appreciate. The place we humans hold within this vast cosmos can seem pretty insignificant.” I like that. I feel like we overestimate our being immensly.

10 indulge with me:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Minka said…

    I have not read "a brief history of time" although I have heard about it. I am not sure I wanna read it now...
    You can tell me if you like the briefer version.

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    I read A brief history of time, Monika, and would be happy to summarize. How's yesterday looking for you?

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    doug:
    As you seem interested in my work:
    Go to my old page and there you will find a connection to my web page about autism. (This new page is still imcomplete.)

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Gosh, that was a good summary. And it didn´t feel like a lesson at all. You should be a teacher.

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Sabine, I checked it out. Very good site with nice stories about you and the lad and what he's taught you. Do you mind if I point some people there?

    I think your comment about the stereotyping was dead on. I had a new employee throw a bunch of stereotypes in my face the other day. I told him, look, some people with autism don't talk, some won't stop talking. Meet the person not the diagnosis.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    doug:Thank you. Point whatever you can, that´s what it is for.
    Me curious: what do you work with? As long as dogs are working, anyhow;)

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Me answer: I run an agency that helps adults with various developmental disabilities live independently, or, as I said at a meeting today, I supervise people who do meaningful and rewarding work.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Wow, Doug. I knew you were involved in social services, but not exactly what you did. I am impressed and not at all surprised! Smart, witty and good. Single- by any chance? :)

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Geez, Monika! Yes, single, evidence that God loves women and forgives me.

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Lose Idle Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Hastily Find Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them at Dashing Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home