Still Indulging.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yes, probably I should write something.
First of all I want to thank all you commentors : “Thank you”.
I like getting comments and would write comments on all of your blogs too if I had gotten the time... and something to say. But beside my work I have to knit- a photo will soon come- to sew and cook and loose weight. I have to (and like to) watch over all my children- specially monika, of course (what is she up to now? Haven´t seen her for three days L) and grandchildren. I have to make my christmas home movie for my parents. I have books to read. I like to meet friends. Sometimes I also work. By the way, why did I think I have a boring life?

Our son Marinó: he is living in a great home with his own little flat and five other young men. It is in a beautiful spot and every day they make long walks. They have lots of caretakers and are always doing something exciting: going on horseback, bycicle, on skates, cinema once a month, out to eat, swimming... They got a hot pot in the garden which Marinó loves. During the week he goes to a school, in a special class, again, with his own teacher and only six pupils. We don´t have to pay a penny for any thing of this and he gets the best possible care. They use TEACCH, PECS, behavoir modification. He comes home twice a week for dinner and a quiet evening.
He loves to come home for a visit and he is very satisfied to go home to his own apartment again. I think he is quite happy. We parents are happy. (big smile, evrybody happy) But it is true, for his care I would not want to live in any other country than Iceland.
Yes, I did start to work in a special class because of him- my knowledge of autism. I am really a german language teacher but didn´t get a job as that, ended there (I don´t remember how I started) like it and I am good at it. Between I took two years at the university to become a social worker, not yet finished, I need one more year. But there was lots of psychology and social care which makes me still better at my job.
I started working out of the house only some years ago, because of the kids and specially Marinó who was born when I was forty. (so, now you can calculate, he is 17 years ald now).
Let this be enough for today and have as nice days as I have.

4 indulge with me:

  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Thanks for the background. It helps to understand the story.

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    oh, blush! I got a background! Wohw! Thanks doug!

     
  • At 3:39 AM, Blogger Mo'a said…

    Thu ert hetja i minum augum. So you are also 29.....that ought to have Monika doing her math again LOL :) Doug the comment you see above in Icelandic is: "You are a hero in my eyes." That is direct translation :)

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    you are my hero too, exceot when it comes to cleaning the fridge :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home