Still Indulging.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

As you are not in or from Iceland I think I must explain my saturday pictures: Hveragerði is a place abput half an hour from Reykjavík. There is lots of thermal heat under it and in glasshouses they grow flowers and tomatoes and some bananas for the tourists. Behind the house where a freind of mine lives there is a very nice little river and the steam you see is one on many outlets for bundeled energie from mother earth, tamed to heat human houses and glasshouses. So here they blow the steam off and together with the water and frost it makes qiute an interesting view. It is just there - no fence, no nothing around it.

4 indulge with me:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Minka said…

    I have never been down there and you haven´t shown it to me either. You were afraid I would fall into it, weren´t you?

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    I actually have heard of that place, but instead of trying to remember Icelandic place names I file them in my head under names like "The place of geothermal hydroponics," which is "Dude!" in American English.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    So, if you come to Iceland I will drive you to "dude"?

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Thank you, Biene!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home