Still Indulging.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

7.12. Tagged: weird



7.12
I was tagged by my little pinguin minka. Six things “weird” about me.
I should tag others. But I know so few others. Those I blog with h don´t have a blog. So I just will brake the rues! But, read anyhow.

No. One:
I am curious and wanted to know what this cute little word meant, so I went into my big booky like dictionary and as I was too lazy to write I googled:

adj. weird·er, weird·est
1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural.
2. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.
3. Archaic Of or relating to fate or the Fates.

Synonyms: weird, eerie, uncanny, unearthly
These adjectives refer to what is of a mysteriously strange, usually frightening nature. Weird may suggest the operation of supernatural influences, or merely the odd or unusual: "The person of the house gave a weird little laugh" Charles Dickens. "There is a weird power in a spoken word" Joseph Conrad.
Something eerie inspires fear or uneasiness and implies a sinister influence: "At nightfall on the marshes, the thing was eerie and fantastic to behold" Robert Louis Stevenson.
Uncanny refers to what is unnatural and peculiarly unsettling: "The queer stumps ... had uncanny shapes, as of monstrous creatures" John Galsworthy.
Something unearthly seems so strange and unnatural as to come from or belong to another world: "He could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew piercing the din" Henry Kingsley.
weird - suggesting the operation of supernatural influences; "an eldritch screech"; "the three weird sisters"; "stumps...had uncanny shapes as of monstrous creatures"- John Galsworthy; "an unearthly light"; "he could hear the unearthly scream of some curlew piercing the din"- Henry Kingsley
eldritch, uncanny, unearthly
supernatural - not existing in nature or subject to explanation according to natural laws; not physical or material; "supernatural forces and occurrences and beings"


No. two:
I Love to learn so I also read all this stuff. Weird, isn´t it?

No. three:
I´ve got angels around me (wrote about them some time ago). Some people do lend them from me, but originally they are mine. They are fat, giggling putties, right in th upper right corner in my vision. Very helpful, funny and loveable. The only thing they ask from me is that I should talk to them and thank them on occasion. No, I am not shizophrenic.

No. four
I once went to a “seeer”: very usual in Iceland, you go there if you have big decisions to make. I for my part was just curious and ready to make fun of it. A “seeer” is somebody with a working line to the deceased. I didn´t make fun of it, I came out rather shocked and white. This man knew things about me even I had forgotten!

No. five
I got a knack for witchcraft, as in “talking to the weather” (yes, and making it change or keep, whatever I want) I got witnesses! Don´t laugh! Of course you only may use these powers for a real, big reason, not for fun.

No. six
And this is the weirdest: I am told to look extremely stupid when I think extremely clever thoughts.

7 indulge with me:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    No. three isn't weird. Many angels are fat. I wonder what I look like thinking.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    doug: That is a very interesting point. Because if you look into the mirror you and nobody(?) can think Very Clever Toughts - I at least can´t. So somebody must grip you in the moment (and probably that is´nt very often) Mom

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    The only thing I ever think looking in the mirror is "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    See: not Very Clever :)

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    QED : )

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    LOL

    to see the two of you!

    Mom, that was a fantabulous list and all teh things on that list are reasons I love you so much. Your parking angels have helpes us many a time :)

    and Doug: QED? inquiring minds need to know!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Isn´t it "that´s what I said" in latinshort?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home