Still Indulging.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Let’s explain: “I have to loose weight.”

In autumn I started to loose weight for whatever reason. Maybe I got a push from inside after good homöopathic pills. Whatever, I liked it. Then I was 89 kg. Now I am 74 kg and still going down. Last week I ran around the tables like a young girl (blush) playing with my pupil. I didn´t even have to think about it, just did it and realized: My, I am running. Big smile.
People ask me how. This is how I did it: Reduce the things I know make me fat (fats for short). No white flour, no white rice, fewest of milkproducts. Rather little of red meat. Let the bread alone but for the dark, whole grain ones. Eat lots and lots of vegatables and still more, fruits if you like. Dried fruits for sweets. Nuts when the appetite grabs me. Beans in all forms. Vegetable soup before the meal. Porridge for breakfast. Lots of fish which we get fresh and easy here in Reykjavík. Yesterday I ate lobster for a change. Never let yourself get hungry – as you know then the body says: help, a famine is coming – and shuts the calory burning ovens down.
How far I will go? I don´t know, I´ll wait and see how far it will carry me. Maybe in the end I will disappear. That would be nice.

6 indulge with me:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mo'a said…

    No!!!! that would not be nice :( I am just getting to know you :)

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Thanks! :))

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Du bist gerannt??!!! Ich weiß noch, wie wir vom Goethe-Institut zum Laden gegenüber gefahren sind und ehe ich angeschnallt war, waren wir da....
    Aber bitte nicht ganz verschwinden!!!! Nur noch ein bisschen weniger werden!
    Kuss von Kerstin

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    It sure wouldn't be nice! Unless you get uploaded. Promise if you disappear into the ether, it'll be 10/100.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    All family members are so proud of you and it is so visible. The good thing about your weightloss has been that you do it over a long time, one kilo than another, so you actually don´t bounce back. In a couple of months it is time to show us your before/after pics!!! I am so proud of you!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said…

    That is the best way to go, via a healthy diet. So many people practice crash diets and do nothing but hurt themselves and end up gaining it back. With this lifestyle change, because that is what it is, when you reach your ideal weight your body will stabilize itself, stay there and it will be a piece of cake to maintain.

    Speaking of cake... mmmm, mmm good! ;-P I thought some cheekiness might be in order!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home