Still Indulging.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

20.12

We would like to change Iceland into waterland. The tempuratures have jumped up to eight, ten degrees C. and snow is melting, ice is melting and heavy rainstorms toement the land. So we got floods in the north and in the south. In selfoss the water is lapping at the river shores. To see more, click on mbl.is.
Today was my last working day until the third of next year. At school we danced around the christmas tree and sang, two jólasveinar (st, clauses) came and danced with us and is was all very nice and christmas nice. Then all the teachers of the school went out to eat at a cold buffet down town and I stuffed myself as I haven´t done for along time and will surely not do for a long time again. But somehow, with a wine glass and nice chattering around I forgot my limits. Monika was my driver and I rushed home and fell into bed, slept, forgot (!) my gym lesson and did without dinner.
Tommorrow I have scheduled to make the house christmas like, do the washing and engage in things like that. In the evening we will cut laufabrauð. Open house, come have a try and a glass of wine!
As for now I will finish knitting and watch tv, after that I will snuggle in bed and read this:
a story set in 1725, very readable and shows the philosophy and understanding of science at that time.
AND the picture of the day, south iceland on a cold and clear day. Eyjafjallajökull, a glacier, the view from my daughter´s kitchen window.

11 indulge with me:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    I have a copy of that book. I've heard good things about it. The cover looks nice on my shelf, too.

    I used to read.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Why did you stop? I would die without a book next to my bed. THAT one I finished today :)

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Head's full?

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    oh no! And how old are you? Already? Such a small head?

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Well, the gravel takes up a lot of space. I actually do still read but not like I used to. I still acquire books like I used too so my list is getting long.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    Poor daug...but then you always have something to look forard to! By the way, I hide all pakets Monika gets, so she will find them under the christmas tree.

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    That must frustrate her, but I find such information calming. Fröhe Weinachten, Sabine!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Oh, yes, it does :))

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Minka said…

    Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
    if you try to hide the fatc that I got present sform particular people, you shouldnæt mention it on your blog.
    Pascover...talking behind my back?

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    Excuse me, Minka. I was talking to your mother. :)

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
    But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
    That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
    [url=http://2012earth.net/doomsday_2012.html
    ]harmonic convergence and 2012
    [/url] - some truth about 2012

     

Post a Comment

<< Home