Still Indulging.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

23.12

One more day gone. Between baking and packing in more gifts and cleaning once again and putting more decoration on the xmastree I went shopping, leisurely now, found two three books my husband will give me as a present: we each buy the books we want to read ourselves, been doing that for years and than we change books and pack them in nicely, so we get to read what we are curious about, but this year I bought a book with shortstories from Gogol for him which I am sure he will like and will be a surprise (why do I know his taste so much better than he knows mine?) Beause he reads the books I buy and I see what he picks. Because I am the bookwoman in the family. I buy the books (as said before) read them and away they go, either to Monika or my husband. The choice is mine and mostly good. Leisurely I bought this and that - stupid as I am I checked the homebank yesterday and saw that I had money left (!) - and so I had to do some more packing :). Tomorrow I have still one cake to bake, and to make part of the dinner for five. Monika will do the rest. And Marinó will come home at one. Five for dinner? Us couple and Marinó and Monika and Jón Valur and after the meal Eyrún will join us.
This day my father has birthday: Happy birthday dear father, borne 1920 and still fit and around, a long life with many hard times and changes.
Mamma: today Margrét got the fridge and is sooo happy about it. Jochen took it with him to town and Jón Valur helped to carry it up the stairs.

4 indulge with me:

  • At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We also have decorated the tre!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    Oh, I thought so, Lisi! Well done. Send a pic!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Mo'a said…

    The photos of Monika are fun and you back and forth on the comments also. I just finished decorating my house.....I am late this year because I had new kitchen counter, they workded on them on the 20th and the 21st...now Jol have arrived at out house.

    Gledileg Jol og farsaelt komandi ar Biene til thin og thina.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Thank you, Móa! Outside the church bells are ringing. We had a very nice evening.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home