Still Indulging.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

IKEA

Yesterday I boughta new table for our TV. Today I bought two sidetables, same kind. I had a little time left, so I decided to go to IKEA to byu one small item I knew I wouln´t get elsewhere. So, you come to IKEA, if you can, it is a huge building looming in the lavarocks and you think you couln´d miss it, but I did, the first time arriving in the dark. You have to pass a strange bridge, around two roundabouts and in the rain I missed the right street. So, today I arrived. It was storm and pouring rain and there is a huge parking place, but the near spots are reserved for people in wheel chairs-that I respect- and for families. So, as a single female I had to fight hundreds of meters through rain and storm. Finally inside, you have to go to the second floor to get to the first floor. That I did, over the one and only staircase you have to be clever to find- up, around a corner and down again-hurried through corners and sections and cupperware and got lost the first time, but arrived finally at the section I thought I needed. No, you get that on the second floor. So, ten minutes lost again on the first floor to find the one and only steps to the second floor. There I found rather quickly the department I needed, but didn´t find the item in question and had to wait about ten minutes more to find somebody to ask. We are so sorry, we will get it after 3 weeks. So, down again to the first floor: the one and only stairway at the other side of the huge house. So, now on the first floor I wanted to get out again, but had to go through the first floor once again in opposite direction, didn´t get lost this time, and after divers corners and sections and cupperware once again rather exhausted and with sore feet I... finally...found the way out and was ready to shoot the architect. In future I will avoid this, alas, they got some rather nice products but hopefully I will get on living without them.

5 indulge with me:

  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see you are really buzzy now!
    Ich sehe dich herumsausen mit wirbelnden Armen, hier und da Dinge an dich reissend. Dein Blick fliegt über grosse Flächen, deine scharfen Augen erspähen Notwedigheiten,es spritzt Energie.
    Ich habe ein ruhigeres Bild von dir gemalt. Siehe e-mail

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    Hihi Lisa. Nettes Bild rasen ja, mit Einkaufswagen. Guck mir gleich dir Post an. Dinge reissen: nein:)

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hihi, dagegen war die Pórsmörk-Tour von Jürgen, Monika und mir ja ein Zuckerschlecken ;o)
    Wenn wir bald umziehen, werde ich bei IKEA auch gern und häufig gesehener Gast sein.

    Schönes WE wünscht Kerstin

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    I was at Ikea on Sunday myself. I'm putting in all soft furniture for this weekend.

    Yeah, no one leaving an Ikea would fail to shoot the architect. He must have thousands of bodyguards who are only allowed antique furniture.

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Kerstin: pass auf und geh nicht verloren.
    doug: lucky you got out again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home