Still Indulging.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I am still here and everything is fine. I am at work now with nothing to do but sitting around. My little pupil was so exhausted this morning, he is fast asleep in a confortable corner and the bigger one did not arrive, so I have lots of time on my hand.
The last two weeks saw me driving from town to countryside, back and forth. My countryside daughter and her family took two and a half week off and so we ( that´s Minoka, me and my husband) took shifts to take care of two granchildren left there who are in Jakobinas care for the time being. It was much fun, nice to sit with the two boys in the evening, having home baked cake ready when they came from school and chat. I knitted a lot and will soon be ready to take some pictures.
In town me and Monika are alone in our big house and have a swell time, my husband being on golfholidays abroad. Our evening fun has been that Monika is playing a Playstation game and I sit and knit and yell her on. We two even went to the cinema: "walking the line".
The one hour drive ( I need some more time, being a grandma) is so beautiful, I can´t get enough of it. You drive up into the mountains through a big lavafield, covered with grey moss. The sun is shining on the mountaintops which are sprinkled with snow. clouds are massing in the sky, heavy, dovegrey with a sparkle of light in between. Mother of pearl colours. On the other side of the mountains: The panorama of the south plain, lined by the sea, bordered by glaciers, cut through by a big river. In Selfoss we usually shop some. And on through the plain: sheep grazing, horses looking into the distance, turning their backs against the wind. Some, few farms. And always the panorama around us, Langjökull to the left, the vulkano Hekla, more mountains and glaciers ahead. But we turn long before we reach them and drive down in direction to the sea, first the road is nice, the rest is a hard packed sand trail. Arriving at the two lonely houses the dogs greet us, hysterically happy, barking and jumping around.

7 indulge with me:

  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jajaja, ich weiß, wie schön Island ist, zieh mir ruhig die Nase lang! Aber dieses Jahr fliegen wir nach Thailand!!! So!
    Freut mich, dass es dir wieder gut geht!
    Schmatz von Kerstin

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Yep, that is Iceland. The coutnry of fire and Ice. Vulcanoes adn Glaciers right naxt to each other, each powerful in their own strength.
    Walk the Line, was a great movie and we enjoyed it enormously. Loved the trerrifc acting and on our ride home we listened to Johnny Cash in the CD player. Good times.
    I am playing a game called Spyro, in case somebody cares. Spyro is a puple dragon collecting cristals and dragon eggs. Suitable for Children of 3 and above. My kinda game!

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Yep, that is Iceland. The coutnry of fire and Ice. Vulcanoes adn Glaciers right naxt to each other, each powerful in their own strength.
    Walk the Line, was a great movie and we enjoyed it enormously. Loved the trerrifc acting and on our ride home we listened to Johnny Cash in the CD player. Good times.
    I am playing a game called Spyro, in case somebody cares. Spyro is a puple dragon collecting cristals and dragon eggs. Suitable for Children of 3 and above. My kinda game!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    Thailand ist bestimmt auch schön! Aber waermer! Sehr viel waermer. Ist das gut oder schlecht?

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kommt darauf an, ob man es mit Island im Sommer oder im Winter vergleicht ;o)
    Kerstin

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Biene said…

    Danke :)

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mo'a said…

    Oh My!!! I do feel homesick reading you post. Lovely descriptions of the land I love. Close to Skoar and Skoafoss is a homestead named Moeidarhvoll. One of the desendants was a friend of my Mother, her name was Moeidur Skuladottir. Check it out sometime when you are in that area.
    Is the painting, above the lovely ladies on the photo, a Karolina?....is this your home? Karolina is one of my favorite artists.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home