Still Indulging.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sometimes I get so sad. Not that I would cry, I get heavy in my soul, terribly tired without being able to sleep it off.
There is this wonderfull old lady living in Portugal, she is far over 80 now. I visit her everytime I go there. She lived in Afica, in Angola, married to a german man there and they had to leave after a revolution and settled in her homeland, Portugal. She had a disabled son there, in Africa, and as there was no school or institution for him, she had to go with him and leave him in Europe. Some years later she got a letter from a friend that he didn´t have a good life, so she went again to find another place for him and had to leave him there too. I think he is autistic though he was never diagnosed. Now they live near each other and he stays long times with her, he around sixty by now. She has told me her story more than once and everytime her eyes fill with tears, still, after all these years, after all her life.

9 indulge with me:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Minka said…

    Oh yeah, I think I remember her. I met her at least once and I remember you talking about it.
    It always amazes me: every single person has a story to tell, it woudl kill us emotionally if we knew them all. Sometiems ignorance is bliss. I said sometimes :)

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said…

    The trick, as my husband tries to teach me time and time again, is to release that energy so you don't take it in... I don't know how to do that yet, I am still learning and perfecting that skill! I am way too sensitive for my own good and absorb other's energy... if their tale is sad, then my soul is weighed down and becomes heavy... seems that you may have the same thing!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    Hey Miz B. Hearing your story makes me a little sad, yet twice as happy. Here is why:
    a) by being able to talk about it, you show me it only made you stronger
    b) makes me feel not all that alone, cuase I realize that each and everyone of us have their own story to tell. We are not alone, scary enough: we are teh majority.

    So, while being upset about teh things that happened to you, i can channel them into somethign positive as well. Don´t know if that makes any sense...hmmm?

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Thank you for your sweet words, but there has been some misunderstanding, I must try to be clearer when I write. I am not sad because of her story, my point was that you can be sad all your life.
    When I am sad, I am so because of my life, my autistic son and other things. It is a deep core of sadness few people knowing me would know is there. But maybe even it is a sadnes evereybody knows, the reason why people tend to believe in a god, an afterlife.
    O yes, Monika, you know, I know so many stories.. But of course miz, we have to take care of ourselves. I try to, very hard.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    It seems to be hardest for people when the things that bring them joy bring them sadness too.

    I wish you happiness on your birthday.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said…

    I guess we should apply that to ur own lived too although it is much easier said than done! Ditto what Doug said... it is all part of the bittersweetness of life I guess! Happy Birthday to come dear Mom! Will be dropping by on the special day too!

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said…

    And dear Sistah of mine, it makes perfect sense and I feel the exact same way... felt so sad and so sorry to hear of your past and what you had to go through, so happy that you made it to were you are... and in turn the happy ending offers me some hope and teaches me something... had there been no happy ending, like so many stories out there, I try to learn something too but I sooo prefer the happy endings!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Hope you have a beautiful day and a splendid year up ahead... may it be filled with joy, happiness and health... if anyone desrves it, it is you!

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Sar said…

    Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday Icelandic Mom,
    Happy Birthday To You


    As a gift, I commissioned a special crown for my Icelandic Mom. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home