Still Indulging.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

On her the blog of the iceQueen (That´s Monika) she has showered me with love as a birthday present. So, If you want to read nice things of me, go there!
I wonder. Of course I try to be a nice person, but so much? I feel that people like me, at work, at home, in between. Of course it is a bit selfish: I like people liking me, so I smile a lot, try to please them in little ways, try to say nice things about them. I can stop chatting with the cashier at the supermarket or with the person at a bus stop. I feel sorry for angry people, how bad must they feel inside...
You imagine how difficult it is, to say something nice about oneself? Try it out: In no time you can write ten things you hate about yourself and then come with the ten good things. Ok my guests, I tag you!

12 indulge with me:

  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Minka said…

    It is the little things that count!
    ten things I love about me:
    1: my ability to play with children
    2: my ability to answer quickly in a funny way
    3: my ability to focus on a task and finsih it
    4: my ability to organize
    5: the colour of my eyes and how they smile
    6: the fact that I know that I always want to be as nice as I can and help as much as I can
    7: my abilty to start a converstaion easily!
    8: my hands and fingers
    9: the fact that although I get handed all sorts of things, I still stand up and move on
    10: my awareness that every day is worth a smile :)

    I think people have problems naming 10 things about themselves they love, becuase they think that others might think them arrogant!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sar said…

    Amen to that last statement, Monika (loved your list, btw).

    But you're right also my Icelandic Mom, I can't think of 10 things off the top of my head. I'll think on it and come back with a list. That hopefully won't be considered arrogant. :)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Nothing arrogant at all, we are just taught so while we are children.
    Though I don´t believe in him, I like most of what he said, as:something like: "Love your neighbour as yourself" that means in my interpretation that you first must be able to love yourself before you love another person.
    Biene

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Monika: stops everything by calling them little. I think they are HUGE! Do you not belittle them!! Smile
    Mom

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Good *food for thought* post on the day before Valentine's Day. Glad I stopped by. :-)

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hallo Sabine!

    Na nun iss es passiert. Ich habe Deinen Geburtstag verschwitzt .... :O(

    Wünsch Dir auf jeden Fall alles alle Liebe und Gute nachträglich und drück Dich ganz doll aus der Ferne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Auch ich muss sagen, dass Du eine ganz besondere und wertvolle Person bist. Durch viele kleine Gesten gibst Du so viel und deshalb fühlen sich die Menschen in Deiner Nähe so wohl. Und ich gehöre auch zu diesen Menschen und bin sehr froh, Dich zu kennen.

    Viele liebe Grüße aus Karlsruhe,
    Heike

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    So nice to see you, Heike!! And now I want the 10 beautiful things you love about yourself! Not to mention your beautifull hair and this interesting coloured eyes.... 10 more, pleaseeee

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Biene said…

    Heike: ich bin trotzdem aelter geworden :(

    Karen: welcome

    Sar: Still waiting for your 10 beautiful sides? ;)

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Sar said…

    Oh, Icleandic Mom, I'm still struggling with a list. But I'll keep my promise....eventually. :)

    In the meantime, I can keep another promise right now. Here are the Valentine's Day treats I promised you. Enjoy, and I'll gladly share if you like.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It'll be hard to find ten things I love about me. Couldn't I just write a list about ten things I don't like about me? :o) I think that would be easier, especially at the moment cause the last weeks haven't been easy at all.

    But I will think about these ten good things and let you know ;o)

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Doug The Una said…

    1. I'm concise

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home